Friday, May 20, 2016

START WITH WHY by Simon Sinek

START WITH WHY by Simon Sinek

"People don't buy WHAT you do, they buy WHY you do it.  And WHAT you do simply proves what you BELIEVE."


There are two kinds of self-help books out there. The first gives tips and tricks to becoming better at something.  Those books approach issues and problems from the outside in. Those tips and tricks target your behaviors without addressing the root cause of behaviors.  The second kind of self-help books work from the inside out.  They target the root causes of our behaviors, our mindset.  “Start with Why” is an inside-out approach book that opened my mind to the bigger picture of influencing others through their passions and not material incentives.  The examples of the book are detailed and clearly illustrate the key points of the book.  The primary example in this book is Apple.  They Author uses the story of Apple and a few other popular companies to explain how these companies stand for more than just their products or services and why people are drawn to them.

I enjoy reading good business and self improvement books but often find the details slipping from my mind over time, especially when listening to an audio book.  I wrote notes on what I consider to be the most important parts of the book and constructed them into an outline for my own benefit and possibly the benefit of others.  

For me and for others who have read the book the outline is a quick refresher of the concepts.  For those who haven't read the book this can be considered a in-depth book review of the key principals.

My time is limited and choosing a good book to invest my time and money is a hard decision.  Maybe detailing the principles within the book can give prospective readers the opportunity to see what they are getting themselves into.  

Click on the link below for a the free book outline from my own perspective. 
START WITH WHY Book Outline PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment